WolfQueen's Origins

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Updates and Changes Week 20
Started by WolfQueen1896

WolfQueen1896

WolfQueen1896

Owner Trial Mod Member
Last Seen
17 Oct 2024
Topics

Hello again everyone!

It's been a big week - and it's been a stressful one, at that. A lot has been done and a lot still needs to be done. We are aware of the TPS issues in the game and we are consistently looking for ways to help/improve this. We will keep working on it until we get it steady again. 

Despite the issues, I am glad the server is back up, and love seeing people online and enjoying the server again. But you aren't here to listen to me ramble, here are the updates of the last week. 

Changes

Monday 13th May

(We were still testing the server at this point, it was not open yet)

- Flan was removed from the server due to a bug between Flan and supplementeries. Any time a block was right-clicked, the server would crash. (Be aware this issue was found past midnight for me early morning so I did not look into fixing it immediately)

- Ideas were given and suggested for possible Quests for this modpack. 

- (at 8 in the morning) I downgraded Flan to the previous one and confirmed I was allowed to right-click again. 

- Spawn was claimed in flan. 

- The Atmosian origin was removed as a power of it would go through PVP. 

- The major configurations for server mods were edited to fit the server. 

- The area marked out to be the future Shopping District was claimed. 

- The woodcutter data pack we made (that allows you to put wood in a stone cutter to get wood variants) was run through by @Cirawynn to remove any Regions Unexplored wood types. 

- The Origins Mod Support data pack was run through to see if any changes messed anything up. 

- Luckperms was set up (this allows for roles and permissions in-game)

- The nether spawn was given some rules and a makeshift tunnel was designed to get from the spawn point to the spawn portal. 

- Chunky was started (this pre-generates all chunks to improve performance so that players aren't generating them in playtime.)

Tuesday 14th May

- The waterfall and tunnel at spawn got a bit of a revamp by @Cirawynn

- More quests were added by myself and @Lankaster

Wednesday 15th May

- Chests and storage items were added to HTM 

- The rules at spawn were replaced (downgrading supplementeries and flan caused the rule books in the noticeboards to vanish)

- The lore document was updated by @MrJingles56

- More staff were added to the server console 

- Another couple of quests were added. 

- Added some client-sided improvement mods and tested the game was still launchable. 

Thursday 16th May

- Chunky finished pre-generating chunks (100% overworld, 50% nether)

- The server's auto restart every 6 hours was turned on. 

- The server whitelist was removed to allow players to join. 

- Deepian and Shriekling were removed from the server as it was suspected they were causing crashes. 

Friday 17th May

- People had origins changed. 

- It was found that Sadnlin was crashing the server, not Deepian or Shriekling. This was due to Sandling looking for a vanilla structure that didn't exist. This was fixed and the origin was added back to the server by @Lankaster

- Deepian and Shriekling were added back to the server. 

- The revamped Lost From Light Origin was added to the data packs channel in the discord. 

- The Spam Filter bot on Discord was changed from 5 messages in 5 seconds to 10 messages in 5 seconds will mute a person. 

- The SeaSkipper Origin had a Duplicate type of power which was spamming the console and contributing a bit to lag, this was fixed and replaced. 

- the Mod Let Me Despawn was added to the server so that Zombies/skeletons that spawn in holding an item or wearing armour can still despawn - if they are unable to despawn, they hang out underground in caves adding to the entity count. 

Saturday 18th May

- More origins were changed 

- The mod Dark Timer was added to the server by @solarizer0. This mod should clear any items on the ground after a set amount of time. A data pack was added alongside it so we could choose how long between each run. 

- The mod mob filter was added to the server so we can change the spawn conditions of certain mobs. 

- Added the mobs Bats, Jellyfish, Fireflies, Squids, and Glow Squids to the You Shall Not Spawn mod. This prevents these mobs from spawning at all as they were contributing to the high entity count in the server. 

- The drops to the mobs above were added to the Admin Shop at the Overworld Spawn.

- The darktimer data pack timer was changed. 

- Naturalists fireflies were added to You Shall Not Spawn. 

- Mayve Champion scoreboard was set up and point rewards were added to all the quests based on difficulty. 

- The Backpack Restock upgrade was added to Item Obliterator - meaning the upgrade can not be used. 

- Endstone was put in a separate shop at the Admin Shop from the mob drops. 

- The mod Mobcap was added to the server so we can limit the amount of mobs each person online can have spawned around them. 

- Darktimer was removed and replaced with Skiesclear and its dependancies. 

- The max player count was increased from 20 to 25. 

- Skies Clear was removed as the server refused to start with it in, and Dark Timer was re-added. 

- 6 new quests were added. 

- Endstone, Dragons Breath, Dragon Head, and Chorus Flower were all added to the Admin Shop. 

- Origins were changed

- Ledger was added to the server. 

- Styled Nicknames were removed from the server - suspecting it was causing issues with being unable to tab complete people's names in commands. 

- It was found that Luckperms was causing the tab names issue (please in the future, if I am complaining about this issue someone remind me it was Luckperms allowing "unallowed" nickname changes)

- Styled nicknames were forgiven and re-added to the server. 

- A bugged grave was found and items were restored. 

Sunday 19th May

- A github ticket was opened about the grave bug 

- A ticket was made with Bisect Hosting asking for help figuring out what is causing the TPS issues. 

- Bundles were added to the list of items not allowed in a backpack due to an issue of sorting backpack inventory causing items in a bundle to vanish (please be aware I have reasons for removing things, I don't remove them just to spite people)

- A script explaining what happened to the world Lore Wise has begun being worked on

- Modernfix was added to the server at the suggestion of Bisect 

- Embeddium was added to client-side mod pack for testing purposes on the recommendation of Bisect

- The Dynamic View max distance was changed from 15 to 10 on the recommendation of Bisect

- The server was added to a handful of advertising sights 

- https://minecraftservers.org/server/662413

- https://minecraft-mp.com/server-s332217

- https://minecraft-server-list.com/server/504524/

- https://minebrowse.com/server/5559

- https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/wolfqueen-s-origins/

please feel free to vote/review the server on the sites. 

- Stone chests in an ancient city were replaced with Lootr ones. 

- Mayve Quest bugs were fixed. 

- Spider Kill Quest was fixed. 

- A lot of new quests were added (these do not have rewards yet, but you can still complete them and once rewards are added you will be given a prompt to claim them)

- Atmosian origin was removed from the Origin Document

- Child of Shadows in the origin doc was updated to reflect the new version we now have. 

Tickets

We have had 42 active tickets this week. Currently, 17 of them are still open.  20 of these were Origin change tickets. 

Discord Activity

In the last 7 days, we have had 21.7k messages sent. A whole 4k more than last week!! We have had 120.12 hours collectively in voice chats. A decrease of around 30 hours. 

The three most active channels this week were mc talk with 6.6k messages, General with 3.48k and Count with 2.38k messages. 

The top three people who sent messages this week were myself with 2.98k, @solarizer0 with 1.94k and CENO with 1.37k.

WolfQueen1896 · 5 months ago