WolfQueen's Origins

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Updates and Changes Week 20
Started by WolfQueen1896

WolfQueen1896

WolfQueen1896

Owner Trial Mod Member
Last Seen
17 Oct 2024
Topics

Hello again all - this week we are live straight from Stress Central, and let me tell you this is not a fun place to be, I would very much like to return home - *cough* I mean, and let me tell you it is certainly a blast!

The server is currently down, but with current plans, we are hoping to have it open sometime this week. I would like to stress, again, how sorry I am about the mess we are currently in we are trying to get everything set up for you as fast as possible. 

So starting where we left off last week - 

Changes

Monday May 6th

- The server was successfully uploaded into Bisect. 

- @Lankaster, @LadyAlascar and I tested the world for lag-inducing activities and found multiple people TPing at the same time would either crash the server or cause a huge lag spike. 

- A ticket was opened with Bisect to discuss this. 

- Quests for Mayves Champions were created and added into the quests in the game (I sob, all this work for nothing) 

- The winners for the MiniGame Bingo world we had up were figured out and announced. 

- Bisect said that the lag could be being caused by Corrupted chunks or too many entities and offered to run a Region cleanup. 

Tuesday May 7th

- A lore script for Mayve was worked on. 

- Optimizations were tested on the server

Wednesday May 8th

- Jingles Lore video was released. 

- The Script for Mayve was finished

- Another Lore script was started

- Out "Thumbnail" was added to the last three lore videos that went up so they look uniform. 

- Revamp stuff was worked on and discussed with staff. 

- Bugs with potential revamp mods were worked out. 

- World Gen and structure mods were tested out for revamp

- The world was checked for what Chunks were reset - we found a handful. 

- The teleporting causing lag spikes was still there. We mentioned this in the ticket. 

- Staff was added to the new console 

Thursday May 9th

- World stopped loading completely. The server would restart but freeze after world creation and stick there, would not stop or restart, and would have to be killed to restart the process. 

- Tested with a test blank world and found zero issues. 

- Decided with all the issues we are having, the unknown corrupted chunks, the being unable to even load the world anymore that it would be for the best to scrap the world and start a new one, deleting a bunch of issue mods as we go. 

Friday May 10th

- A new Modpack was worked on, mods were deleted, and others were added. 

- The description on our Curseforge page was edited to reflect that we are currently on hold. 

- We received some new graphics for the server and these were uploaded. 

- The fact we have been working on a Revamp was announced to everyone

- World gen and structure mods were tested again

- Mob/boss mods were researched. 

- The starboard channel not working was fixed (simply remove and add a star to old posts to get them added)

- World seeds were looked into. 

Saturday, May 11th

- Mob/boss mods were researched and tested

- More staff were added to the new Bisect control panel

- World seeds were looked into 

- New structure and terrain/biome mods were picked

Sunday 12th May

- A bunch of suggestions were looked at and answered

- A world seed was found

- Work was started on the spawn area

- Rules board was added to spawn

- Pathing was started at spawn

- The global Spawn point was set. 

- More suggestions were closed

- Terraforming was done at spawn

- A contest for building spawn was posted

- Spawn was worked on 

- Configs for the server were worked on 

- Found a new bug - blocks can not be interacted with with Flan in

- Flan was removed temporarily

- The world border was set at 10k by 10k

- New Quest suggestions were given. 

Tickets

Umm well... as the server has been down all week I feel like there's no real need for me to sit and work this out this week. Let's just say we had a couple of Lore tickets and that's about it. 

Discord Activity

Funny enough, with the server being down, the discords activity ratings shot up by quite a bit. Seems having no server is great for Discord stuff! 

In the last 7 days, we have had 17.7k messages sent, 3.5k more than last week. We have had 154.43 hours collectively in voice chats. A decrease of about 50 hours - but I blame this on not having Karaoke this week. 

The three most active channels this week were MC Talk with 5.34k messages, general with 5.21k messages, and Staff Lore with 1.17k messages. 

The top three people who sent messages this week were myself with 2.69k, slayer with 1.98k and peanut with 1k messages. 

WolfQueen1896 · 5 months ago